Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Reading Rhetorically ch.1-2


1. If I was to choose any background knowledge I'm bringing to the text, it would just be the history of writing that I have. Nothing special, just writing papers in high school and now college. The section about sleeping habits I've read a lot of information about before, being in health and nutrition courses, and having to learn what's good for the young body. Other than that my past knowledge hasn't really come into play yet.
2. When reading the chapter, I was able to relate to the sleeping articles, only because of my sleeping patterns personally, and being in a lot of health and nutrition classes, and learning what is healthy, and what is common.
3. I would ask to have more explanation in the specific strategies mentioned, I am still slightly confused about what all of them mean to a definition.
4. The poem "The Voice You Hear When You Read Silently", I wish to have a little more clarification on the exercises after the poem, they are still unfamiliar to me.
5. The text's meaning to me is more or less a reference to what I am learning in the classroom, it just repeats that information presented before me.
6. This text differs from many, just because it's not the normal definition, explanation kind of reading, it makes you guess to what they're trying to present.

No comments: