Wednesday, April 30, 2008

After reading "Killing Rage" I felt it was much easier to doubt the writer because she was writing with such an angry tone. It's easy to not "listen" to someone that is angry for multiple reasons. Although at the same time, it's not like I didn't believe her story, I don't doubt that all the situations she explained didn't happen because I'm sure they did. I just feel they wouldn't have been looked at in the same way if say I were to be there in her place. 
The writer seemed to have a chip on her shoulder that prevented her to look at anyone in a clear point of view. She went into situations with a mind set of people are racist, and people treat her and her friend differently because of their skin color. If anyone no matter what their skin color goes into a situation with a pre-conceived notion of people are going to treat me differently then, yes people will treat you differently in your point of view.

No comments: