Wednesday, April 2, 2008

How I Wrote the Moth Essay response

I can understand why Annie Dillard is opposed to writing personally. When you write about yourself, or your thought process you really do include things that you think are important but all in all they really aren't important to the reader. When I have written things about myself, I feel like I write about things that aren't interesting to anyone but me.

The "dangers" of writing personally according to Annie Dillard are that you take the chance of getting lost in yourself, and you include things that happen in life that have nothing to do with what you're really writing about. When writing, I think that Annie Dillard knows what to include in her writing and what not to include, because she has grown into such an excellent writer. I feel that when making the moth significant in the original story to becoming a good writer, Annie Dillard knew not to add personal stories, or thoughts to point out she was making the reference to herself and not to writers in general.

Making notes throughout her writings made it easier for her to look back and have a reference to what the meanings were all in all, and now for the reader having a reference in her theories it makes it easier to read and understand all the connections she made throughout the entire storyline or the "Death of a Moth"

No comments: